HOUSTON, Texas – Pacific Drilling made its debut on the Houston Chronicle’s 2015 Top Houston Workplaces list released Sunday, Nov. 8, 2015. The company is among 150 companies and organizations recognized as Top Workplaces based solely on surveys completed by their employees.
Nearly 79,000 Houston-area employees participated in this year's Top Workplaces survey, rating their employers in such areas as opportunities for advancement, the value of pay and benefits, and the leadership and environment of their workplaces.
Research firm WorkplaceDynamics, based in Pennsylvania, invited 1,874 Houston-area companies to participate; surveyed 269 of them; then tallied the results to determine winners.
The 2015 Top Houston Workplaces were categorized as follows:
- A Top 30 Large (out of 39 participants with 500 or more employees in the region)
- A Top 50 Midsize (out of 87 participants with 150-499 employees in the region)
- A Top 70 Small (out of 143 participants with 149 or fewer employees in the region)
Pacific Drilling ranked 41st in the Top 50 Midsize businesses.
Amy Roddy, VP Corporate Services, said, “Thanks to all of our employees who participated in the survey. Your commitment to our vision and values is what makes Pacific Drilling a Houston Top Workplace.”
The Houston Chronicle ran articles and advertisements about the contest earlier in the year. Employees, customers, consultants or partners could nominate a workplace for consideration. After the nomination period closed in mid-April, the surveys were administered over the next four months.
The Chronicle is one of 44 newspapers for which WorkplaceDynamics compiles workplace rankings. The Houston-area list, which made its debut in 2010 with 100 companies, was expanded to 150 companies in 2012.
The 2015 Houston survey participants employ 153,690 people in the area; 131,336 of the employees received surveys, and 78,937 responded. The organizations on the list include public and private entities and nonprofit groups.
Notes about the survey:
- WorkplaceDynamics required a response rate of at least 35 percent for employers based in the area.
- For employers with 85 or fewer employees, at least 30 responders were required. For larger employers, surveys could be sent to employees in a random sample. For those with 2,500 or fewer employees, surveys were sent to at least 500 employees. For employers with more than 2,500 but fewer than 5,000 employees, surveys were sent to at least 20 percent. For employers with 5,000 or more, at least 1,000 surveys were delivered.
- Employers are categorized by size because smaller employers tend to score higher than midsize employers, which in turn tend to score higher than larger employers.
About Pacific Drilling
With its best-in-class drillships and highly experienced team, Pacific Drilling is committed to becoming the industry’s preferred high-specification, floating-rig drilling contractor. Pacific Drilling’s fleet of seven high-specification drillships will represent one of the youngest and most technologically advanced fleets in the world. For more information about Pacific Drilling, including our current Fleet Status, please visit our website at www.pacificdrilling.com.
Amy Roddy, +1 832 255 0502